EMG-6 "Shop Notes" September 2016

“EMG-6 Shop Notes” is a day-to-day accounting of what’s going on in the shop with the EMG-6 Electric Motor Glider.

September 16, 2016 Production of Kits Continues

kit production continues. Jason has been putting together the subassembly kits and in this picture here he is assembling the components necessary for the horizontal stabilizer subassembly.

These kits that are going together are basic kits that are not the fast build kits. The fast build kits include all of the holes predrilled so that it basically becomes an erector set.

Cutting of the horizontal stabilizer ribs using the ShopBot CNC router.

 

September 15, 2016

For the last couple of days we been working on kits for the horizontal stabilizer subassemblies. We needed to make up some shop drawings to assist in the bending process of the horizontal stabilizer leading edge. Even though the job of manufacturing the leading edges aren’t that difficult the set up that is involved with rigging the tube bending machine can be quite elaborate. It’s been a while since we’ve manufactured a set of leading-edge tubes and realize that we didn’t have any notes in the builders database that we compile on our server for the tube bending set up. So we spent nearly the entire day re-rigging and testing the tube bending machine and then documenting the process of set up. Even though none of this is applicable to the individual builders I posted the PDF for the new documents that go along with the shop manufacturing documents to the builders database. Anyone interested can go check out the simple PDF with some pictures. I have also posted some lower resolution JPEG’s that you can check out without downloading the PDF.

Link to Horizontal Stab Bending Instructions PDF and Drawing

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

September 14, 2016

We just finished making a new YouTube channel trailer that will be seen by all the new visitors to the YouTube channel.

 

September 13, 2016

I can’t believe it. For some reason the September progress blog was being overwritten by an additional copy of the August shop notes. I’m not sure exactly what happened but I have managed to resolve the problem I believe, and I guess we can get started from here for the rest of September.

Most of the last couple weeks have been spent manufacturing parts for kits, shipping, and working on drawings.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply