– The cylinder is die-cast in light alloy, it ensures a better thermal stability.
– The piston, gravity cast at high silicon content light alloy, reduces thermal expansion and the coupling slack. The design of the piston top is specific to optimize the compression ratio.
– It is provided with a balancing countershaft; this feature cancels the vibrations and guarantees comfort never felt during a flight and a longer life for the engine itself. The counter-rotating rollers decrease greatly the upsetting torque-steer for an extra comfort in flight.
– The electric starting is standard but to offer the maximum safety the engine is also equipped with manual starter with easy system thanks to the flash starter device that speeds up and simplifies the movements.
– It is equipped with the comfortable closed-circuit system for the recovery of fuel during transportation and the 12 V output for any use.
Small and compact THOR 250 DUAL SPARK engine has an extraordinary power to weight ratio.
Advanced technology and high performance of the new THOR 250 DUAL SPARK allow a better feeling of driving performance, making the flight more dynamic, responsive and sensitive, besides ensuring even greater stability.
The new THOR 250 and THOR 250 DUAL SPARK engines adapt to different types of applications including two-seat trikes, powered hang gliders, one-seat small three-axis, ULM motor-gliders
THOR 250 DUAL SPARK Specifications
|Polini Engine||2 stroke monocylinder|
|Bore for stroke||72 x 60|
|Power||36,5 HP at 7500 R.P.M.|
|Cylinder||Aluminum with Gilnisil coating|
|Piston||Two chromium plated rings mm 1|
|Intake||Reed valve in the crankcase|
|Air filter||Air box|
|Ignition 2||Electronic with battery|
|Battery charger||Output power 80 W at 5500 RPM|
|Spark plug hood||5k Ω resistance|
|Fuel type||Lead free petrol with 2% synthetic oil|
|Gear reduction unit||Helical teeth in oil bath with 2,8 reduction ratio|
|Starting||Electric starter + pull start with self winding cable FLASH STARTER|
|Clutch||Centrifugal in oil bath|
|Muffler||Expansion with oval silencer|
|Engine weight||18,5 Kg (19,5 kg with electric starter) without radiator|